Mount Vernon Area Arts Council Presents the Mural Project
Mount Vernon Community Mural Project Schedule
• Week of April 10: City of Mount Vernon power washes the wall.
• Monday/Tuesday, April 17-18: Both upper and lower parking lots closed while wall is professionally primed using a sprayer. To accommodate uptown residents, City is permitting overnight Main Street parking if necessary.
• Monday, April 17: Mural design presented at Mount Vernon City Council meeting.
• Saturday & Sunday, April 29-30: Muralist Strider Patton outlines design on wall; no special parking accommodations.
• Monday, May 1 – Thursday, May 4: Mount Vernon students bused to wall to paint mural; lower parking lot closed. Residents may join in painting 8 am – 6 pm.
• Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, May 5,6 & 7: Due to Mount Vernon’s annual Chalk the Walk event, lower parking lot open for parking. No mural painting by public.
• Monday, May 8 – Friday, May 12: Lower parking lot closed. Public invited to participate in painting 8 am – 6 pm.
• Saturday, May 13: Mural unveiling celebrated 10 am – Noon. All welcome.
Questions? Contact MVAAC President Steve Maravetz 319-521- 1209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org